Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Garden is Waiting for its Annual Fairy

It has been two weeks since my last post. The end of the school year has really taken its toll. I am usually not stressed about school, but this year the last few weeks have really caught up with me. I was determined to post today. I wrote a post yesterday and the plan was to post it this morning. I did not remember to post!!! Can't believe that I didn't! Our school system does not let me post or comment so I am posting later than I usually do.

After thinking about the post all day, I decided that it really sounded too whiny. I needed a different approach. Something with pictures. Little bit more lighthearted.

I am not much of a gardener. I love planting and watching my plants to grow. I even happily water them when the need arises, but everything else feels extraterrestrial and not part of my world.


I have not really sure what has happened to my garden. There seems to be something wild growing in place of the flowers that I have yet to plant. I am wondering if wicked witch of gardens paid me a visit to see how I would react?


I think the wicked garden witch missed this section! On a day that storm clouds can be seen on the horizon, humidity is bothering me and I am still working on my blog, these flowers make me happy!


Then I walk around the corner, and I see this. Did I plant something last year that I can't recall? Is this supposed to look like this? I am not sure......I guess I will have to wait for the annual visit from my good garden fairy. She sent me an e-mail that she is planning to visit this week--weather allowing.  I will have to have patience and maybe a few dollars saved up for plant replacement. I am sure that those of you who have the garden fairy gene in you will agree that new mulch would also be a good plan.

If your genotype includes the dominant garden fairy trait, please, feel free to offer your advice! My trait is truly a recessive and at the moment it is hiding behind the more dominant and aggressive writing trait.



9 comments:

  1. I know that the "wicked garden fairy" visited me. I just look out and see all the lovely yellow flowers she planted where grass should be growing. My wife and I just visited our local garden shop today to buy a new shrub for in front of our house. I wonder how long it will take me to kill it---not because I want to but because my thumbs are anything but green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I had to smile at this post...my garden is a wreck, and I am in need of a garden fairy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the phrase of wicked garden fairy....it is likely to be "kin" to the wretched-weeds that multiply with wild abandon in my garden. We spent Sunday laying down 3 inches of mulch but the wild and crazy weeks poked through in days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love the 'garden fairy' she seems to visit me, but not every year, this year I feel lucky. Also, I am motivated to produce veggies, my kids love spinach and chard of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working in my landscape is on my list for this week. I received a couple of plants from students and they are close to death! One was begging me for water as I carried in groceries tonight. Oh well.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used green to change the whine to gold. I am quite sure, though, that your original post was not nearly as whiny as you suggest. Loved all of the green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fortunately, I married a planting person. He tends to all things of the soil, for that I count my lucky stars. Winter was hard on so many plants this year. We've had to replace quite a few. Soon your garden will be awash in blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the garden fairy -- it definitely put a little fun into your post! (When you see the garden fairy, can you send her my way? My dad might BE the garden fairy, but I definitely didn't inherit any of his prowess!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that in the middle of end of year craziness you took a humorous approach to this gardening post. There is nothing funny in my gardening life - it is simply non-existent (the garden and the skills.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.