Wednesday, January 29, 2014

You are Not Alone

Coffee for Your Heart 150
More great thoughts at Holley's website


Did you know that you can be lonely but not alone?

January is almost over, but we have had so many snow or freezing weather days that there have been days I have not left the house. Have I felt lonely? Absolutely! It would have been much more fun to stay home on a snow day with someone else.

When you start thinking about all the lonely times, life can start feeling a bit depressed. You might think.....

.....my friends all have wonderful children; they can't be lonely
or
.....if only I was married, at least then there would be somebody to come home to
or
.....if my friends would just call me or visit me more often then I would not be so lonely

It is true that you cannot always be with somebody--even when you are married. There will be times when you are feeling lonely. 

But God tells you that you are not ever alone. He is with you. Always.

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Joshua 1:5
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

So, when you are feeling that you are the only one that is alone, know that GOD himself has promised you that you are never alone. GOD is with you! You might not always feel him, but he stands behind his promises! He does not change his promises. Think about the picture where there are two sets of footprints and then the footprints are reduced to one set. That is when God carries your. God is that close to you!




1 comment:

  1. So true. We are never alone. It's incredible to know God is with us all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.