Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Coffee for Your Heart Wednesday

Coffee for Your Heart 150
See more posts at Holley Gerth's website.

If you didn't go to church on Sunday because you thought nobody would even notice it, you are wrong; God noticed it because he loves you. 
If you are hiding behind the curtains reading a book, watching TV or  doing something else  because you don't think anyone cares about you, know that you are loved. 

Do feel like hiding from the world? Do you wait for the phone to ring or a message to bing? But the only answer you get is a silence. Still, you are loved!

I have done all of the above things at one time or another. I have been lonely, alone and feeling unloved by the people around me. But one thing I have never doubted: God's love! I know that He loves me whether I have my make-up on right or am wearing the right clothes for my body type. I know that God loves me whether I go to church every Sunday or not. I know that I am loved whether I get a promotion at work or not. I know that God loves me whether I get 10 comments on this post or none at all.

There are times in our lives when we have many friends, and then the other times when we feel lonely as our friends have moved away. It is not always easy to make new friends when you are nearing fifty. But if you are like me, hear these words: God loves you! 

I know the plans that I have for you, declares Yahweh. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NOG)

Today is the first day of that future that God promises. Go ahead and talk to Him. Find out the first step in a future filled with hope.


Love Necklace by Kraft Kash photo

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.