Saturday, March 10, 2012

I Believe.....

Slice of Life #10
I believe in freedom. Freedom to practice my faith, share it with others or keep it a secret.
I believe in my students. They are all capable of doing great things; some of them just haven't come to that realization as of yet.
I believe in dreams. I dream about the places that I want to visit. I dream about my life in the future. I believe dreams bring me joy and hope.
I believe in working hard. Let's be clear, I don't believe in working all the time or being a workaholic, but I believe that you have to work hard to reach your goals.
I believe in rewards!I believe that when you work hard, you should also enjoy life! Read that fun book--even if it makes yo lose an hour of sleep. Treat yourself to a nice cup of coffee--just not everyday. After all,  you don't want to waste your hard earned money!
I believe in the power of prayer! I believe that prayer can change people and the world.
I believe in music. It has the power to encourage, heal, calm, and to bring joy.
I believe in memories. I have lost many dear people, but the memories that we shared still bring joy when I think about them.
I believe in friends and friendships. Friends are the ones that bring me joy, call me, post a funny message, or just come over with coffee.
I believe in sharing. I believe that there is a blessing in sharing with others what I have. It might mean collecting binders for my students, paying for a friend's breakfast, volunteering my time, inviting someone for a meal, or just sharing a moment and lending a listening ear.
I believe 
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up…….To more than I can be.
                             Sang by Josh Groban

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful reflection on believing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "I Believe" list. I believe in many of the same things, especially in the power of prayer. Thanks for sharing your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I agree with you on all these points! Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your 'I believe' list. So many I can relate to. My favorite is believing in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.